Friday, April 19, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Explain the parts of the Scripture Reference which are in Bold:
John means find - Book. ✔
John 4 means find - Chapter. ✔
John 4:7-9 means find - Verse ✔
2 Corinthians means find - Second Corinthians. ✔
Highlight the religious groups in Jesus’ time:
Romans Sadducees ✔Anglicans Zealots✔ Pharisees✔ Presbyterians Scribes✔
Complete the sentences:
Jesus is fully human he tino tangata and fully divine he tino Atua. His Life divine and resurrection were a response to God the Father through the Son and the Holy Spirit. ✔
Complete the statement:
I found these lessons interesting because - I now know the 4 groups in Jesus time and the books, Chapter also the Verses in a bible.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain. (Metaphor) ✔
- He was a lion in battle. (Metaphor) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture. (Simile) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine.(Metaphor) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early.(Simile) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow. (Metaphor) ✔
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners. (Simile) ✔
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
1. A wheelchair rugby is that the illness people goes on the wheelchair and they play rugby, they play rugby indoor and not out the field because they will hurt them self.
2.Quadriplegia is someone who has broken their legs or their hips, some of them are illness and broken necks and it can happen to your spin.
3.How to play wheel chair rugby you have to use a volleyball to play with because they aren't playing outdoors they are playing indoors. You need teams and you need to do the haka.
4. The wheel blacks are the Paralysed people.